You Are Reading

Apollo Hair Dryer

In October 2009 I started work on the identity and packaging for a new hairdryer by Corioiss. As the dryer looked quite space age and had some quite hi-tech features we decided upon the name Apollo. I then set to work on designing a sleeve and booklet for this product. At the time I did not have a final sample to hand so the idea of putting a lovely clean photo on the sleeve was not possible. Instead I chose to go down a more illustrative route with Sci-Fi/Space race influences.

After the packaging was produced a photo shoot took place which involved hiring an original space suit and mimicking the illustration on the sleeve, the photo was perfect for a double page advert for Tribute magazine.

More recently I discovered Rhino was available for the Mac and, due to the fact it is still in development, is completely free. Its a great bit of software and relatively easy to pick up, after working through a couple of tutorials I decided to try and make the Apollo hairdryer. Below are the results.









Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright Jon May 2010. All rights reserved.